Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Gratitude for my Teachers

I must do this!"

This is how I felt when I read Elizabeth Gilbert's, Eat, Pray, Love. Since then I have been following in her footsteps without leaving my city.

I read a Facebook post encouraging me to check out the website Wild Soul Movement and creator Elizabeth Dialto's video symposium. I was similarly jolted. In time I watched every video and was transformed, not just from her videos, but also from following my inclination to other video producers, authors, bloggers...anything that caught my interest.

 I began making a list so that I could read it every time I forgot who I am.

As I tried things on and removed what wasn't me, I discovered a fierce self-love.

From this came the development of self-care habits.

Next I became aware that my intuition was awakening and I began freeing it from all other voices clambering for attention.

Living so much in "New Age" thought contrasted with my Judeo-Christian upbringing and challenged my theology...or, more correctly, continued the challenge that the intense suffering of living with, then divorcing a mentally ill spouse, followed  by my own struggle with anxiety and panic attacks, had started. I lived for a while trying to be an atheist. The problem I had though, was my soul still believed what my mind was trying to deny. Along came Rob Bell and Richard Rohr...and a whole communion of saints who manage to live in a delicious east-west mysticism that made my heart dance!

Speaking of Dance, next came  Qoya. Rochelle says, there is no way you can do this wrong and you'll  know when it's right because it feels good. Her voice is so incredibly soothing.

When I discovered Instagram, I learned there was a need that only sweet kitty pictures can meet.

I'd been attempting to meditate for ages, but found it very confusing, until I read nearly everything written by Martha Beck. Suddenly it began to make sense , although it's still difficult to describe.

I'm so thankful to all my teachers!